The 2013 OBCL Epilepsy Scholarship Awards are proud to offer up to five $1,000 scholarships to students across Ontario who are living with epilepsy. Students have the opportunity to apply for awards in the follow categories:
1. Continuing Studies Award
2. President's Award of Distinction
3. OBCL General Scholarship Awards
Download the About the Award PDF below to find out if you're eligible. If so, download and complete the OBCL Epilepsy Scholarship Awards Application available below.
After a province-wide scarcity of the anti-seizure medication Clobazam, the Canadian Epilepsy Alliance has been working diligently to address to shortage and provide those living with epilepsy with viable alternatives while the issue is being resolved.
Click here to read about medical recommendations for adults with epilepsy currently taking Clobazam, as per information received from Dr. J.C. Martin del Campo (University Health Network) and Dr. Jorge Burneo (London Health Sciences Centre).
Clobozam/Drug ShortageIn a new national survey of more than 1,070 members of the Canadian Pharmacists Association, Canadian Medical Association and the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacies released January 14th, 2013, statistics reveal startling findings:
- - 66% of doctors reported that a national drug shortage worsened since 2010
- - 94% of pharmacists reported difficulty locating medication for a patient in the previous week
- - 41% of pharmacists surveyed said drug shortages compromised their patients' health
Click hereto read the full story and to watch a video featuring a patient with epilepsy