EPILEPSY DURHAM REGION NEEDS YOU
Epilepsy Durham Region is a vibrant community that welcomes the participation and contribution of people from all walks of life. The quest to heighten the awareness and dispel the myths of Epilepsy is urgent, we need your help. Voluntering is an exchange of skills, friendship and empowerment. Your ability to donate a few hours a month directly impacts the quality of life of those touched by Epilepsy. Joining our network of dedicated volunteers upholds the self-esteem and commitment of those with whom you volunteer and together you directly impact the quality of life for so many.
* By submitting this form, you are granting Epilepsy Durham Region, 310 Byron Street South, Suite 3, Whitby, Ontario L1N 4P8, permission to email you. You may unsubscribe via the link at the bottom of every email.
Benefits of volunteering with Epilepsy Durham Region:
- cultivate new skills
- gain real-world experience
- keep your skills up-to-date and acquire new ones
- build self-esteem and gain a new sense of purpose
- meet new and interesting people, develop professional contacts
- make a difference in your community
- learn about Epilepsy and how you can help
- its just a fun way to spend some time with friends
"I have been volunteering for many years now. During this time I have learned new skills, showed off my talents and made many new friends. Volunteering has made a difference in my life." - Michelle
Epilepsy Durham Region is excited to feature dedicated volunteer, Logan! We first met Logan in 2018, and he has been a passionate Epilepsy Ambassador ever since. He is quick to lend a hand for events and projects, and always there to provide warmth and support to others living with epilepsy, taking on a lead role with our Young Adult Peer-to-Peer support network. Adding to his amazing volunteerism, Logan also handcrafted wooden bird houses with all proceeds supporting local epilepsy programming in our community!
Three cheers for Logan!