Epilepsy Durham Region | Who We Are
Enhancing the lives of people who are affected by epilepsy and seizure disorders by providing
a network of services that empower, engage, and influence community awareness
What volunteers established in an Oshawa school auditorium has transformed into a dedicated frontline agency providing local community programs across Durham Region. We have come a long way from a wish list for a typewriter, pens and paper; Epilepsy Durham Region (EDR) is a thriving Community Epilepsy Agency serving Durham Region for more than 30 years.
At EDR, we understand that Epilepsy has life consequences that extend well beyond the experience of having seizures. The impact can be on any aspect of cognitive, physical, social, sensory or emotional functioning. We are a vibrant agency that cares deeply for families affected by Epilepsy. We provide support to all eight municipalities in Durham Region – Ajax, Pickering, Whitby, Oshawa, Clarington, Township of Scugog, Brock Township and Uxbridge.
Clinic to Community Programs Include:
- One on One Counselling – providing information about seizures, seizure first aid and education about when a seizure could be a medical emergency
- In-Service Training for Teachers and Students – customized presentations
- Employment Support – advocacy and in-service training for employers/employees
- System Navigation – assisting with the understanding of healthcare and government systems
- Community Resource Connection – providing families with a network of support services to help the family live well with Epilepsy
We are only a phone call away | You are never alone