12-month contract starting Aug 21st, 2023 with possibility of extension.
Part time: 24-30 hours/week
Epilepsy Durham Region is seeking a dynamic Fund Development and Community Engagement Lead to build agency capacity by growing existing events, creating and implementing new events, and evolving our current fundraising practices.
The Fund Development and Community Engagement Lead is responsible for evolving our current signature fundraising event, identifying, and executing new fundraising opportunities and events, and diversifying agency revenue streams. The successful candidate must be local to Durham Region in order to facilitate community relationships and the events themselves.
Major Duties / Responsibilities
- Create, execute, and launch a new fall/winter event (2023)
- Create short-term and medium-term strategy for event-growth, with a long-term plan for scaling up our events – implement strategies accordingly
- Create, execute, and launch two (2) new events in 2023/2024, as well as engage in current signature event with year-long engagement
- Identify and execute fundraising opportunities/events for spring 2024
- Build community partnerships with potential sponsors, teams, third party fundraisers, etc.
- Work alongside Communications Specialist to enhance fundraising through online engagement to raise Epilepsy Durham Region’s profile and social media presence
- Identify and secure additional revenue streams
- Manage donor development and donor stewardship
- Build a database of supporters and members, regular donors and mailing list
- Manage project budgets
Education / Experience
Post-secondary degree in a related area or equivalent experience – e.g. Event Management, Business Development, Fundraising Management, Philanthropy, Digital Event Strategist. Experience and knowledge directly related to the essential job functions must be defined in cover letter.
- Proven track record in fund development with a focus on securing major gifts, and corporate sponsorships.
- Minimum three years related professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders and the public
- Caring and compassionate by nature
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and diplomacy skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, self-directed with the ability to work well alone and as part of a team
- Demonstrated organization skills and the ability to effectively multi-task and triage
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Highly focused on attention to detail
- Strong time management and administrative skills including planning and evaluation, budgeting, scheduling, project management, and assessment.
- Understanding and respect for diversity and those with disabilities
- Demonstrated knowledge in working with individuals that are part of a vulnerable community or are living with a chronic health condition
- Schedule flexibility based on events and engagement opportunities (e.g., evenings and weekends when required)
- Familiarity with non-profit operations, fundraising software, and donor management systems is preferred, but not a requirement
About Epilepsy Durham Region
Epilepsy Durham Region is a not-for-profit, charitable agency dedicated to improving the quality of life for those living with epilepsy or seizure disorders and those closest to them through support services, education, advocacy, and on-going public awareness. The agency provides services to those affected by epilepsy in all eight municipalities of Durham Region including Ajax, Pickering, Whitby, Oshawa, Clarington, Township of Scugog, Township of Uxbridge, and Brock Township.
How to Apply
Epilepsy Durham Region is committed to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace. It is our priority to ensure employment opportunities are visible and barrier-free to all under-represented groups including but not limited to, Indigenous, Black and racialized groups, people with disabilities, women and people from the 2SLGBTQIA community.
If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting our confidential inbox firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter highlighting why you’re the best candidate for this position to email@example.com by 4:59 pm EST on Friday, August 4th, 2023.