AUGUST 22, 2016
Status as of August 10, 2016:
- The sole manufacturer of vigabatrin is currently out-of-stock
- The major Canadian distributors we have contacted have either very low levels of inventory or have no
- Some pharmacies still have vigabatrin in inventory
- Lundbeck LLC posted a drug shortage notice on drugshortages.ca on August 9. The reason given for
the shortage is “Unexpected manufacturing delays”.
- Both the tablets and the powder formulation (sachets) are listed on the drugshortages.ca reporting
o 500 mg Sabril tablets, drug identification number 02065819, estimated resupply date: Sept. 1
o 500 mg Sabril powder, drug identification number 02068036, estimated resupply date: Sept.
Update: June 23, 2016
via Canadian Epilepsy Alliance Drug Shortage Committee
Clobazam is in short supply, but this drug is still available at some pharmacies. If inventories have become low or depleted at your pharmacy, ask your pharmacist to recheck the status of both generic clobazam and Frisium (brand name) with their suppliers.
Distributors have started receiving shipments this week of generic clobazam (Apo-clobazam, Apotex Inc.). The new stock will be spread across the country. There may restrictions on the amounts available to individual pharmacies until the supply situation stabilizes. A second replenishment of generic clobazam (Apo-clobazam, Apotex Inc.) is expected to arrive at pharmacies by early July.
It is expected that there will also be periodic shipments of the brand name product (Frisium, Lundbeck LLC) over the coming weeks as...
Jubilee Pavillion – Lakeview Park
55 Lakeview Park Avenue, Oshawa
Time: 10:00 AM
1.5 KM Loop | Feel free to walk the loop as many times as you wish
With Mother's Day fast approaching, it seems especially easy to think of all of the times the amazing mothers in our lives have been there for us. If you're looking for something special for your mom, consider wrapping her with a beautiful scarf (and your love of course).